- 1.3 lt of orange juice
- 1 pcs. natural vanilla
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 30 g. zest of orange
- 30 g. zest of bergamot
- 2 tsp. tablespoons spoon sweet bergamot
- 100 g. sugar
- 200 g. orange, “filleted”
- 10 g. corn flour for binding…
- Cut vanilla in half lengthwise and scrape a knife from within the seeds.
- In a saucepan add the orange juice, the seeds and the sprig of vanilla, cinnamon, orange zest, bergamot zest and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water; add the juice and cook for another 5 minutes on low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Strain and add the orange and the sweet bergamot.
Our fresh dip is ready !!!Bon Appétit!!!
You could accompany your delicious and refreshing fruit dip with our gluten free breadsticks LIVE LONG LIVE GREEK with Mediterranean carob bean. The unique and full flavor of carob bean will be combined perfectly with the sweet taste of fruits. Being, indeed, a healthy substitute for chocolate, carob bean can only be combined beautifully with fruits like orange and bergamot.
Did you know that:
- A moderate sized orange gives 62 calories and provides us with almost 100% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C.
- In this favorite fruit of ours, there are 170 phytochemicals and 60 flavonoid compounds with outstanding antioxidant effects, offering maximum protection against the excessive production of free radicals, molecules with highly damaging effect on the cell. These substances fall into three broad categories: Flavonoids, carotenoids and limonoids.
- Moreover, the beneficial effects of orange and other citrus fruits, apart from the prevention of cancer and strokes, are extended in the prevention of diabetes, cataracts, arthritis, obesity and macular degeneration of the eye which is the major cause of blindness in the elderly.
- The antiseptic properties of bergamot, on the other hand, make it ideal for the treatment of acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Last but not least, a very significant capacity of bergamot is the stimulation of happiness and that is exactly why it is perfect against depression.