- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 1½ cups freshly whipped cream
- 200 g gluten free breadsticks LIVE LONG LIVE GREEK with honey and Chios mastiha, grated…
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the sugar and molasses and beat on medium speed until smooth and combined, about 1 minute.
- Then add the ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix until combined.
- Finally, add the whipped cream and the grated breadsticks and beat until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the dip in a serving bowl and chill until you serve it. Dip can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
This delicious Christmas dip can easily be used as a sweet butter spread for all the cozy mornings with your family. Spread a small portion to a slice of bread (gf) of your interest and make everyone happy!!!
Did you know that
- The well-known to us all spice cinnamon, comes from an evergreen tree, tropical regions and is considered one of the oldest in the world. The philosopher Theophrastus was referring to cinnamon as “kynnamomon”, ie fresh wood.
- Cinnamon is a unique seasoning with important organoleptic characteristics, remarkable nutritional richness and special healing properties.
- Components of cinnamon have potent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action, due to their ability to prevent growth of undesirable bacteria, fungi, etc.
- Moreover, it helps to better blood sugar control. Delays the gastric emptying rate, ie the time it takes food to pass through the stomach, leading to a a slower absorption of sugar intake.
- Finally, in terms of nutrients, cinnamon is an excellent source of manganese, a component related to power supply and a variety of metabolic processes in the body.